The ATOBI platform is built for engaging people and will be customized for you.
When you use these services, you’ll share some information with us. We want to explain clearly what information we collect, why we collect it, how we use it, whom we share it with, and the controls we give you to access, update, and delete your information.
Table of Contents:
There are three basic categories of information we collect:
- Information you choose to give us
- Information we get when you use our services
- Information we get from third parties
When you use and interact with our services, we collect the information you choose to share with us. For example, most of our services require you to set up a basic ATOBI account, so we need to collect a few important details about you, such as: an e-mail address, a password, first and last name. To make it easier for others to find you, we may also ask you to provide us additional information that will be publicly visible on our services, for example a profile picture, a name, or other identifiable information.
You’ll also provide any information you send through our services, such as post and comment uploads. Keep in mind that the posts and comments you upload can be seen publicly on our platform, and can always be saved and copied outside of our services. Please don’t share content you wouldn’t want someone to save or share.
Lastly, when you contact us or communicate with us in any way, we’ll collect any information you give us.
When you use our services, we collect information about which services you use and how you use them. For example, we may know what section or post you are reading, when you’re reading it, and how you’re reading it (desktop, mobile browser, or mobile app). Here’s a more detailed explanation of the information we collect when you use our services:
We collect information about your activity through our services. For example:
- How you interact with our services, such as what sections you look at, what you search for, what posts and comments you upload, or what posts and comments you applaud.
We collect content you create on our services. For example:
- The images, videos, and text you upload
We also collect information about the content you create. For example:
- When you created the content
- Where you created the content
- How you created the content such as device information
We also collect information about how other users interact with your content. For example:
- Post applauds
- Comments and comment applauds
- Journeys and competition progression
- Messenger chat messages
We collect information from and about the devices you use. For example:
- Information about your hardware and software, such as hardware model, operating system version, device memory, advertising identifiers, unique application identifiers, apps installed, unique device identifiers, browser type, language, battery level, and time zone.
- Information from device sensors, such as accelerometers, gyroscopes, compasses, microphones.
- Information about your wireless and mobile network connections, such as service provider, and signal strength.
Some of our services require us to collect images and other information from your devices’s camera and photos. For example, you won’t be able to upload images or videos from your camera roll unless we can access your camera or media library.
When you use our services, we may collect information about your location. With your permission, we may also collect information about your precise location using methods that include GPS, wireless networks, Wi-Fi access points, and other sensors such as gyroscopes, accelerometers, and compasses.
We also collect log information when you use our services. For example:
- Details about how you’ve used our services.
- Device information, such as web browser type and language.
- Access times.
- Pages and content viewed.
- IP address.
- Identifiers associated with cookies or other technologies that may uniquely identify your device or browser.
- Pages you visited before or after visiting our website or using our service.
We may collect information from our affiliates and third parties. For example:
- If you use your Google or Facebook account to sign up or sign in to our services, we may receive information so you can create or access your ATOBI account.
- If you interact with one of our advertisers, they may share information with us to help target or measure ad performance.
We use your information to provide you with the best products and services we can build and improve. Here’s what we use this information for:
- To develop, maintain, improve, deliver, and protect our products and services.
- Monitor and analyze trends and usages of our products and services.
- Send you communications, including by e-mail. Examples include using e-mail to respond to support inquiries, or to share information about our products, services, and promotional offers that we think may interest you.
- Personalize our services by showing you better and more relevant content.
- Enhance and enforce the safety and security of our products and services.
- Verify your identity and prevent fraud, or other authorized and illegal activity.
- Use information we’ve collected cookies and other data to enhance our services and products.
- Enforce our Terms of Service, Community Rules, and other usage policies.
We may share information about you in the following ways:
We may share information with other ATOBI users. Examples include:
- Information about you, such as your name, username, and profile pictures.
- Information you upload, such as image or video posts.
- Information about how you interacted with our services, such as the content you saved, the comments you post, and the content you applaud.
We may share information with all ATOBI users, our business partners. Examples include:
- Public information like your name, username, and profile pictures.
- Content submissions and saved content set to be viewable by everyone on ATOBI platform.
- Content from our services that you share on other services, such as Facebook or Pinterest.
We may share information with the entities within the ATOBI Limited family of companies.
We may share your information with third parties. Examples include:
- With service providers. We may share information about you with service providers who perform services on our behalf.
- With business partners. We may share information about you with business partners that provide services and functionality.
- With third parties for legal reasons. We may share information about you if we reasonably believe that disclosing the information is necessary. Examples include:
- To comply with any valid legal process, governmental request, or applicable law, rule or regulation.
- To investigate, enforce, or remedy potential Terms of Service violations
- To protect the safety, rights, and property of ATOBI, our users, or others.
- To detect and resolve any fraud or security matters or concerns.
- With third parties as part of a merger or acquisition. If ATOBI Limited gets involved with a merger, asset sale, financing, liquidation, bankruptcy, or acquisition of all or some portion of our business to another company, we may share your information with the company before, during, and after the transaction.
We may also share aggregated, non-personally identifiable, or de-identified information with third parties, such as advertisers.
Our services may contain third-party links and search results, include third-party integrations, or offer a co-branded or third-party-branded-service. Through these links, third-party integrations, and co-branded or third-party-branded services, you may be providing information, including personal information, directly to the third party, to us, or to both. You acknowledge and agree that we are not responsible for how those third parties collect or use your information. We encourage you to review the privacy policies of every third-party service you visit or use, including those third parties you interact with through our services.
ATOBI stores your information, the posts you upload, and the comments you upload for a period of time. For example:
- We store your basic account information, including your name, username, and email address until you ask us to delete them
- We store location information for different lengths of time based on how precise it is and which services you use.
- We are constantly collecting and updating information about the things you like or dislike, so we can provide you with more relevant data and a better user experience.
If you decide to stop using ATOBI, you can ask us to delete your account.
There may be legal requirements to store your data and we may need to suspend those deletion practices if we receive valid legal process or request asking us to preserve that content, or if we receive reports of abuse or other Terms of Service Violations. We may also need to retain certain information in backup for a limited period of time, or as required by law.
At ATOBI, your privacy is important to us. We want you to have control over the information you give us, the information we use, and the information we keep. These are the tools we provide you to control your information:
- Download My Data. You can request your data to be sent to you.
- Removing Permissions. If you agree to let us use your information, you can change your mind at any time by changing the settings on your device. If you remove permission, certain services may be impacted and may lose functionality.
- We hope you remain a ATOBI user for life, but if you want to delete your account, please contact us at [email protected]
If you’re a user in the European Union, please note that ATOBI Limited is the data controller of your information. Here’s additional information we would like you to know:
Your country only allows us to use your personal information when certain conditions apply or are met. These conditions are called legal bases. At ATOBI, we rely on one of the following bases:
- We may use your information because you’ve entered into an agreement with us. For example, when you buy our merchandise and have accepted our Terms and Services, we may use some of your information to collect payment and to make sure you receive the right product, at the right time, to the right address.
- Legitimate Interest. We may use your information because we – or a third party – has a legitimate interest. For example, we need to use your information to provide, maintain and improve our services. This includes protecting your account, uploading your posts and comments, providing customer support, and showing the best content you’ll like.
- We may ask for your consent to use your information for specific purposes. If we do, we’ll make sure you can revoke your consent in our services or through your device permissions at any time. Even if we’re not relying on consent to use your information, we may ask you for permission to access data such as your location.
- Legal obligation. We may use your personal information when we are required to comply with the law, such as when we respond to valid legal process or need to take action to protect our users or employees.
You have the right to object to our use of your information. For some data, we’ve provided you with the ability to delete your data if you don’t want us to store or process it anymore. For other data, you can stop our use of your information by disabling the feature altogether. You can do these things on our site or in our apps. If you find other types of information you don’t agree with us using, please contact us at [email protected]
We may collect your personal information from, transfer it to, and process it in the United States and other countries outside of where you live. When we share information of EU users outside the EU, we make sure an adequate transfer mechanism is in place. For internal transfers, we rely on the EU-U.S. and Swiss-U.S. Privacy Shield.
If you’re based in the EU and have a complaint, you can file your complaint with the supervisory authority in your Member States. For example, if you’re based in the UK, you can file a complaint with the Information Commissioner’s Office.